Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Out To Sea by Sarah Jane Quilt for Luke

The anticipation I had for the breathtaking 
Out To Sea collection by Sarah Jane is hard to describe. 
When I saw it, a thousand projects and possibilities raced through my mind.

One of which was a Quilt for Luke's big boy twin sized bed.
I looked and looked for bedding that I liked for his bed & just couldn't find what I was wanting, 
which led me to.... "I guess I'll have to make it."
Although I am not new to sewing and have tried sewing just about everything I have yet to do a Quilt.
I always knew my quilting time would come but just needed the right inspiration for the project.

Inspiration came and this finished project is now one of my most treasured sewing projects.
It turned out exactly the way I envisioned and it truly will be an heirloom for Luke & I always. 

So here is Luke's new bedding in 
Ahoy There by the talented Sarah Jane.

Look at those darling Pirates. 
Luke has to point them out to me always.
Love the red binding, just the right amount of pop. 
 The wave like quilted top pattern was the perfect finishing touch.
I had some scraps from the quilt and put them to good use. 
All together in the room, feels so comfy in there now. 

 I am NOT exaggerating when I say that Luke is in love with his bed. 
He gets so excited to show everyone his room and point out the Big Ships & Pirates. 
Crafting Success!!!!
Lots more fun nautical decorating to do in his room,
and I am starting this embroidery next week to frame. 












No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...