I really love to sew,
the creative process it entails is perfect for me.
I have tried putting it into a business before but I get too busy & can't be around enough for Luke
and I really start resenting sewing all together.
So the best thing for me is to make custom items on the side for friends & people I know.
This is the best of both worlds for me,
I get to have fun projects plus make some money on the side to fund more of MY craft projects. haha :)
This month I have had so many wonderful projects to tackle & they are all so beautiful,
I wanted to keep them all for myself. Of course I didn't.
This set for my sister turned out incredible.
I obsessively searched for the right fabric for her.
She did not want something overly feminine or too pink.
When I saw this line I died, literally fell in love.
I forwarded her the link and I was in luck she loved it as much as me.
Aren't the delicate anchors and sail boats in raspberry just the cutest.
I LOVE love love this blanket. I love that is unique and sophisticated & childish yet at the same time playful and chic. The little pirate girls are the sweetest thing. I backed it with a soft a thin fleece as my sister lives in florida and it will make a great every day blanket/swaddler.
I tried something different on the straps I put trim on them.
I love the way it finished it off. I don't think I'll ever do it without them again.
No untying to remove just an easy velcro, makes our lives as Moms much easier.
I really wanted a custom trim on the car seat cover and went with the fabric I used for the straps and made a custom trim to line the whole thing. Fit for a princess.
Now I just need to meet her!!!!!!!!!!!
AND I am an Aunt again to this little angel Scarlett.
She is perfect in every way and that blanket is just too cute on her.
Scarlett Stewart Caten
Born October 12
7lbs 19 inches
Another project I worked on this month was so fun too.
What made this project special is my client found a vintage sheet on ebay in the same rose bud
print as the bedding she had as a little girl.
She picked out all her coordinating fabrics (so I can't take any credit)
and knew exactly the feel and look she wanted.
It was so fun to make her vision come to life.
Now she has this gorgeous and very meaningful set that is fit for a princess.
Isn't the ruffle on this blanket to die for. Oh goodness I just love it.
I loved the blue trim accent so much I added a blue layer to the straps to
combine and coordinate all the fabrics together.
She also wanted a coordinating swaddle blanket so I used a thin light blue polka dot fleece and made it into a square, and don't forget the matching burp cloth.
Here's the complete set, isn't it just lovely?
The sister of the client above also sent me this lovely fabric she picked out.
I love the purple and think it turned out beautiful.
I also finished Luke's quilt,
I can't wait to post picture soon.














you're so talented! i never could figure out piping. they look gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteWow! Those are all so beautiful. Almost too pretty to use. You have an amazing eye for the details.
ReplyDeleteThat's it...when I have my next baby you are making my carseat cover! Those are so beautiful!!
ReplyDeleteAmazing!
ReplyDeleteAlso, your sisters baby could be Audrey's twin! Born 2 days apart, same weight, half an inch taller!