On May 12th this little cutie pie turned TWO!
We had the most spectacular Birthday weekend to celebrate our sweetie Baby Toddler Luke.
If you have been around Luke ever, you know two things about him.
He LOVES border line is obsessed with Trains and loves to run wild outside.
Since it was HIS special Day we combined both of those into one fabulous party.
Although pulling this off took weeks of planning
it was worth seeing him so incredibly happy at his party, & I know he felt special.
Party Description:
(I will include highlighted links on anything I can)
Since Luke loves Thomas The Train it seemed obvious he would be a part of the day.
I really am not a fan of overly commercial and themed parties, I tried to go with an overall
Train theme and throw in Thomas the Train in small amounts.
I loved incorporating natural colors with the light blue and bright reds.
And since it was outside in the natural elements those colors blended nicely.
Food is always a really important aspect for me when I throw a party.
I really hate when there are no healthy options and absolutely no nutritional food at a party so I really tried to have something everyone could indulge on even those with dietary restrictions.
My husband & I also really tried to be conscious of the waste we produced at this party.
I tried to make this party as eco friendly as I could without sacrificing style.
In order to achieve this we used:
Fabric Table Cloths
Bamboo & Recyclable Plates Napkins Cups & Silverware
Wood Ice Cream Spoons
Muslim Reusable Favor Bags
Recycled Cardboard Boxes to make the Train
Glass Mason Jars for Drinks
Handmade Fabric Hanging Banner
What is so great about throwing a party this way is I now have tablecloths, cups, banners, and lots of decorations to reuse for another party in the future,
all of these things would be great for a 4th of July Party.
And we felt good about the small amount of throw away trash we walked away with.
Get ready for a serious picture overview,
but I couldn't leave anything out you see, I tried.
The Thomas Family
(isn't our name so appropriate for this party?)
Luke's special cake.
I'm am not sure I will ever attempt to make a cake on this scale again.
I truly have a new respect for cake bakers.
Don't you just love those suitcases we are using them as decoration in Luke's new room. Bonus.
Food Table.
The Menu.
Choo, choo!
My husband and I worked on this for about a week.
I knew the kids would love this but I didn't realize they would love it to the extent they did.
I had table a chairs in them set up with coloring books and crayons & they couldn't get enough of it.
It is made out of recycled Cardboard Refrigerator Boxes I picked up a a local warehouse.
If you are interested in taking this on yourself
for an upcoming party here are the instructions I followed.
Thank you Sprinkles cupcakes for all the deliciousness you provided.
My little sweetheart.
Weeks prior to the event I took scrap fabric and some I bought and made
this darling banner that hung in the trees.
All the muslim favor bags were personalized with each
child's name & stuffed with lots of Thomas the train goodies.
I used some of Luke's Trains & Tracks as decorations on the tables.
They sure turned out cute.
Of course my bow topiaries made another appearance at this party.
I love Mason Jars.
We use them as glasses at our house.
I have a bunch for jam and other things I can.
So what could be a better use for them then these perfect little jars
to put my homemade Strawberry Lemonade in?
I froze them prior to the party and they were cold and slushy and delicious.
I topped them with cupcake liners and paper straws.
Cupcake Tower.
Pre scooped and frozen Ice Cream, made serving the cake and Ice cream much easier on everyone.
Topeed with a perfect wooden spoon, how could you resist.
I used black electrical tape on the ground to make a track along the sidewalk.
I brought our bikes as well as borrowing a few so there were plenty
of wheels for everyone to ride on at the party.
The boys especially just loved this.
I loved watching them go back and forth trying to stay within the lines of the track.
Thanks to my Mom we had a awesome bubble gun that all the kids enjoyed.
This picture sums up my Luke.
All interested in his Train & completely ignoring his yummy cupcake.
Although we questioned our sanity while making this monstrosity, we were so glad we did.
Luke got a new Strider Bike as his present.
He took to it in a matter of seconds no training wheels and all.
Everyone brought Luke such nice presents, he is still enjoying them all weeks later.
We had such wonderful friends & family at the party.
I was so fortunate to have my family fly in from Utah to celebrate with us...priceless.
(top left: Jessica, me Ewa...who just had a baby a week prior to this)
(bottom left: The master griller and my sweet husband)
(top right: My little brother Zach & little sister Caitlin)
(bottom right: my amazing and gorgeous Mother)
Andres is Luke's best friend, he lights up whenever they are together.
Such a fabulous party.
Thank you to everyone who participated.
xoxo




















This is beyond amazing! AWESOME job! Looks like little Luke had a wonderful 2nd birthday! Yay!
ReplyDeleteYou are seriously amazing!! Such an inspiration. :) Cute birthday for a cute boy!! I started a blog.. catencutie.blogspot.com if you want to follow!
ReplyDeleteWhat an adorable party!! So fun! ;)
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful party!
ReplyDeleteMost amazing party I have ever seen! I'm dying. I need you to come to London to do one for Milly now:)
ReplyDelete