My friend had a baby and I wanted to bring her a basket full of healthy goodness
that the whole family could enjoy.
I am a firm believer that presents you put time and love into will be felt that much more by the receiver.
I sure had a lot of fun planning what would go into my sweet friends basket that would help her
have the energy to carry out her new demanding life with 2 kids.
I loved piecing together the pattern for this blanket and
may be one of my most favorite blankets I have ever made.
Which is saying a lot because I have made way too many blankets to count.
Makes me want to design a little boys nursery in these fabrics.
I brought her this yummy dinner (vegetarian style) frozen to use whenever she needs it.
Homemade whole wheat bread, fresh strawberry jam, these oat bran muffins & some fresh fruit.
I bundled them all up in eco friendly wrapping and used fabric scraps for the bows.
Love the way this present came together,
but I loved handing it off to her much more.
Life is too short not to give little pieces of yourself along the way.
xoxo


you can make me a mommy basket anytime! that looks fantastic!
ReplyDeleteAs the new mommy mentioned in this post and the one who was lucky enough to receive such a wonderful basket, I must say, it was the most amazing gift ever! From the presentation to all its contents, this basket was just full of love, flavor (literarily-you should try the bread, muffins and jam!) and style. And the blanket...wow, this baby would be flying off the shelves of the fanciest of boutiques if it were for sale! So beautiful, soft and all ORGANIC. Little Mateo already loves it. Thanks again Christine! xo Ewa
ReplyDeleteyou are so inspiring Christine, I loved your little quote at the end. I wish you were around when I have the baby in Oct! :)
ReplyDelete