I love Summer.
I love the warm days & cool nights with plenty of outdoor activities for the kids.
I love to cook but in the summer that all changes &
I turn to light healthy meals that I can throw together in a flash
things that can transport to the park or patio quickly.
Here's a few of the staples around our house this month.
Non-Alcoholic Mojitos
Ingredients:
Water
Freshly squeezed lime juice
**(not the stuff from a bottle in your fridge)
Fresh Mint leaves
Steevia
**(A wonderful natural low calorie sweetener)
Muddle or smash the mint leaves to release all those yummy fragrant oils.
Add your lime (be generous) mint and sweetener.
Shake in a pitcher and let set for 5 minutes.
Pour into a glass of ice & enjoy this wonderful & refreshing summer beverage.
I love having this in my fridge and makes me excited to drink my water instead of grabbing
something I shouldn't to stay hydrated.
You can let the leaves sit overnight but the next day take a strainer and strain
the leaves out or they will turn brown in the pitcher.
My advice is to make more than less of this one because your family will love it.
Fact: did you know that lime and mint stimulate your metabolism and will help you stay fit throughout these summer months?
Oat Bran Muffins
This is an incredibly good recipe so don't be fooled by the "bran" part.
I make these Sunday nights and we have them all week.
Mornings for us are a bit crazy Brandon leaves early for work
Luke and I head out for our work out class so these are a great way
to eat something healthy while on the go!
Yes both Luke and Brandon love these...I'm telling you try them!





I have written it before, and I mean it with my whole heart...your family is so lucky to have someone like you. Keep it up.
ReplyDelete