Thursday, February 16, 2012

Valentine's Day Surprise

Valentine's Day has always been special for Christine and I, so this year I wanted it to be no exception.  The plans began when Christine showed me this website, Olive and Cocoa.
Seeing the price tag on some of the arrangements made me think, perhaps I could put something together that was just as good and for less.  As you can see, it turned out pretty good.
Given that we had both talked about not going out on Valentines Day, I decided that we would have a wonderful dinner at home.  Lobster has always been a favorite of mine so I checked out the Food Network and found a great and simple recipe.  To go along with the lobster I was hoping for asparagus or green beans and I found a nice lemon-butter green beans with scallops recipe.  To my surprise, Christine had also planned a dinner, with filet mignon topped with a gorgonzola and feta cream sauce and bacon, with a backed potato on the side.  So, we combined the two meals and it turned out great.
The invitation made an appearance. (See original post here.)
Christine, had prepared some wonderful desserts.  All of which were delicious.
Now, many would say that would have been enough, and I am sure it would have, but I couldn't resist.  There had been several items that I had been thinking of for Christine and V-Day was the perfect excuse.  So I picked her up an apron from Anthropology that I had heard her talk about once.  She loved it.  To go along with Christine's obsession with Victorian England, I also picked her up a few movies that she was sure to fall in love with. (The Anthony Trollope Collection and The Elizabeth Gaskell Collection).
To finish the night I let Christine decide which movie she wanted to enjoy, one of the two I bought her or Pride and Prejudice, a longtime favorite of hers.  She chose The Anthony Trollope Collection.  

The night turned out perfect & I got to spoil the most deserving wife and mother I know.  Flowers, Dinner, Gifts, Movie, and a happy and beautiful wife.  What more could any man ask for?

Brandon

3 comments:

  1. love love love this post! looks like a perfect night :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey B- You should give Alex romance lessons. Josh too. I'm pretty sure they would even pay you just to tell them what to do. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You two make me and Carson look bad! Ha! Seriously this is adorable! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...