To say I love the cello would be an understatement.
I have played the cello since the age of 8 and have never stopped.
So many songs use the soothing sounds of it's strings
it has a deep meaningful sound that can fabricate almost any emotion.
These last few weeks at any given night I have been practicing my cello.
(not something that I have done since before Luke came around)
I am playing a solo in my church this Sunday and I am a perfectionist who gets nervous.
So I am taking at least a hour a night to rehearse this beautiful song
so I don't ruin the spirit in the room for everyone but promote it.
As much as I love to play my cello performing in front of people
has always been a frightening experience for me.
Coming from a girl who has danced on stage her whole life,
sung on thousands of occasions even at professional
sports events with over 20,000 people, this feeling always shocks me.
I rarely get nervous and rarely feel the kind of anxiety that comes from performing my cello.
My Mom wants me to record it so she can hear so I may (?)
post a recording of my song on here.
I will be happy once Sunday is over and I can get back to playing my cello
just in the quiet parts of my house where only my family can hear.
Speaking of the cello I am teaching a student of mine tonight
who is learning twinkle twinkle little star.
I am so impressed with her dedication already, I love seeing new things through kids eyes.
I love this rendition below.
Enjoy!



AH. I love Jon Schmidt and the guy who plays the cello together. The coldplay and taylor swift mashup is my favorite. Good Luck sunday!
ReplyDeleteGood Luck on Sunday! Maybe I can learn the piano part and you can learn the cello part to the Schmidt/Adele song and then get together somewhere? to perform!!! Wish you lived closer.
ReplyDeleteI'm loving your blog!!!
I just did some research into why I couldn't post on your blog and hopefully I fixed the problem...we will see if you are reading this!
The cello is my favorite instrument, and while Sarah is taking violin lessons, we tell Steele all of the time, that he will be playing the cello. I hope that your solo went amazing.
ReplyDelete