Needing a good treat for your weekend festivities?
I have the 2 recipes that are the perfect solution to your problem.
The pumpkin whoopie pies have been my go to recipe for halloween time for years.
I have received countless emails through the years after people have tried these at a party
asking for me to send this recipe over.
It is tried and tested and basically the perfect treat that is not too sweet and not hard to make.
Thanks Rachel Ray!
(you should be able to click on the above picture to enlarge and/or save to your computer)
** Read through the entire directions before making as some of the ingredient measurements are split between the pie and the frosting.
***My only recommendation is to not grease your pan preferably use a sil pat or wax paper if you don't have one. Grease will flatten out your pies while cooking.
The second recipe was a treasure I found this year.
I have already made it twice and it is honestly amazing.
Note* I have never liked apple pie,
I like the idea of apple pie but once I take a bite of all
those mushy warm apples I am no longer interested.
These apple pie bites have turned me into an apple pie lover.
They have a higher crust ratio than apple pie so if you are the person always picking at the crust
while eating pie this is your recipe, I promise.
You can find the recipe here, they only things I learned after making this the first time was:
1: Dry the apples off between a paper towel before dipping in sugar mixture.
(allows for less moisture leakage)
2. Add a teaspoon of cornstarch (to help thicken) to sugar mixture
& I used some apple pie spice in mine, yum!
3. I did not use water on the base of the pie crust as it did not need it or the extra liquid.
4. Second time I used a quality frozen pie crust to save on time, both worked great.
You will die after taking a bite of these, I promise.




These both sound so yummy! I want to make themmmm.
ReplyDeletePumpkin Whoopie Pies are my all time favorite fall treat (Rachel Ray is my hero for that one). I am not an apple pie fan either but I might actually try these miniature versions just because they're so dang cute! Thanks!
ReplyDelete