Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Battle Scars

My sweet baby is fearless and seriously has zero common sense. 
On Tuesday we were at the park when he decided to leap head first of the 4 ft ledge.
He landed right on his head and neck.
It is an image I would prefer to never have replayed again but I keep having flashes of it.
Probably the scariest day of my life, as the ambulances and fire truck rushed over.
He was screaming and just had the saddest look of disbelief in his eyes.
I wished I could take away the pain and go back into time to prevent it.
I took Luke straight to the doctor to get get checked out and after much anguish
he has recovered remarkably well.  He is a bit more fussy and I can tell he's sore but all in all
he made it through something that could have ended entirely different.
I am grateful to guardian angels that must have been watching over him that day.

This has caused me so much contemplation this week. 
I have had every emotion from feeling like the worlds most terrible Mom to feeling overwhelmed by the task ahead, since I know this is the beginning to a long and frightening journey.
Being a parent is so rewarding I honestly love it more than words could ever express,
but it is so overwhelming and sometimes I just feel like I can't measure up to all that is asked of me.

I had Luke wear his bike helmet today as he played on the porch...poor guy.
I just didn't want his head to get bumped again. 
Well I decided to take it off and give him a break and within 5 minutes he fell and bit his lip.
I told Brandon I give up this kid has to be in a padded room for the rest of his life. 

I know that I can't do that but I am out of options.
Any advice??

Sincerely, 
A defeated Mom

2 comments:

  1. oh man Christine i'm so sorry! there is nothing worse than seeing your kids get hurt! poor little guy. I'm glad that he's ok.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For whatever reason, I am not very uptight worrying about what 'might' happen to my kids physically. I know if something does, then they will heal and in the meantime that I am doing what I can to make their environment "safe." All we can do is all we can do. I get much more nervous about protecting my kids spiritually and emotionally. The world is getting so bad- I'm sad my kids will have to be exposed to all of the evil! and mean kids who will make fun of Noah b/c he is so small. Just keep doing what you are doing Christine. You have a lucky little boy!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...