The last few days have been so tiring for our little family.
Poor baby Luke got sick on Wednesday with Roseola and has been so irritable.
At first we thought his fever was from teething since the poor little dude is 9.5 months with NO teeth.
But when we woke up Thursday and he threw up his whole bottle
all over me I knew it was something more.
All our little friends have been sick so I thought I would just monitor his fever
and let it run it's course instead of calling the doc.
Well on Friday he woke up with a horrible red rash covering his body
and I kinda freaked out and called the doctor right away.
We got in and they told us to give him children's Advil to help with his little achy body
but we just had to wait it out.
Well the poor little guy has never been sick and is NOT dealing with this well at all.
The doctor told us he was no longer contagious so we could take him out if he was up to it.
Luke does not like being indoors he is much happier outside
so we decided to take his crankiness to the beach on Sat to enjoy the perfect weather.
Luke took a little nap in the stroller while
Brandon and I ate our fish tacos soaking up the quiet and sun for a bit.
Once Luke woke up he was happy and played for a little
but within seconds turned abnormally cranky.
So we packed up shop and laid him down
again when we got home for another snooze (poor guy is so worn out).
We have not dared to leave the house since.
We knew that there was no way that Luke would sit at church for 5 minutes so we camped out here today and seriously has been the most tiring day of my life.
I would dare say there was not 10 straight waking minutes
today where Luke was not screaming. (so sorry neighbors)
I wish I could help him feel better and I miss my little smiley man.
Sick kids = a really worn out mommy.
Not to mention I am drowning in a dozen unfinished sewing projects that I have days to finish before sending them off.
Sure am hoping for a better week come tomorrow.
Dear Luke,
Can you get some good long sleep tonight so I can be a good mommy tomorrow?
Oh, and can you be my happy little guy so we can play some games....please please!
Here's to wishful thinking!

a sick baby is the worst :( I hope he feels better really fast!
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry for your poor baby...I am jealous of your weather, though. I would love baby Steele to be outside more. It is just too darned cold.
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry. We just found out yesterday that Noah has mono. I didn't even know little kids got that! But at least he is not screaming and crying. :( Sad for you! Hang in there!
ReplyDelete