Monday, February 21, 2011

Bloom Where Planted

What did we do Friday?
Saw Mickey Mouse, and Luke couldn't have been more excited.
Luke loves okay is obsessed with Mickey.
He literally will NOT fall asleep without Mickey by his side.
Want him to smile all you have to say is "Meeska Mooska Mickey Mouse"
we have been to Disneyland dozens of times while living here 
but never wanted to wait in line to meet the big man himself. 
Well Friday there was no line and we got to go right up to him. 
I could have never anticipated such a sweet reaction from Luke.
He was genuinely ecstatic and it was one of the sweetest moments that I will never forget.
Only regret would be not video taping his reaction. 



As we sat on a bench at Disneyland I looked over and this was our view. 
I guess it's always Springtime here in Southern California.  
It got me thinking about all the places I've lived in my lifetime. 
Arizona, Las Vegas, Utah, Virginia, London, Spain & now I can add California to my list.
I love seeing and experiencing a new area, 
I feel like it forces you to know who you are and allows your true self to unfold.  

Each little area I've lived I have left a piece of my heart there. 
There will always be a space in my heart in the rolling hills of Virginia, 
another along the paths of Hyde Park,
another along the coast of the Mediterranean Sea,
and my soul always smiles when I see the perfect Mountains along Salt Lake City. 

But there is a new chapter of my life that is becoming so attached to the coast of the OC. 
This move was a much anticipated one for our family, but I had my fears moving to a new place with my sweet baby boy not knowing a single person.
The day we got here I felt a little overwhelmed but made a firm decision to 
bloom where I am planted and make each day the best it can possibly be.

Life is what we make of it, right?  
We can open the blinds each morning and decide how our day will be,
and I am thankful for this chapter in our lives right now.
I have loved every minute of this move and have made so many wonderful friends 
and seen such beautiful things while being here, this place has definitely stolen a piece of my heart. 

Today I feel all warm inside being able to call Orange County my home. 

*I know this will not be our last move so hopefully I can look back on this post for some future inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...