Thursday, August 13, 2009

Some Daily Inspiration!


Today I tried to find a bit of inspiration and was lead in an interesting direction, Audrey Hepburn. In my opinion she is one of the most perfectly put together women I have ever come across and someone I've been intrigued with for some time now. Her perfect elegance and originality did not just lie in her expression, but her posture and radiated out of every movement she made. Notice how she is always impeccable in her photographs, whether she is being goofy, riding a bike, or in a beautiful dress she looks full of confidence and grace. How does one attain those things?

The answer was in the life she lead. This stalwart women had a career that spanned from 1952-1989 where she made about 31 films. She then retired and devoted her life to raise her two sons. She had no problem retiring and knew that acting was not her only purpose in life. She spent the rest of her life serving and helping those around her through raising her family and countless hours of humanitarian work. How can you not love and respect the kind of women she didn't just try to be, that she was?

Here are some beautiful quotes following some of my favorite photographs that hopefully will inspire us all to become our best selves.


"I was born with an enormous need for affection, and a terrible need to give it."


"My own life has been much more than a fairy tale. I've had my share of difficult moments, but whatever difficulties I've gone through, I've always gotten a prize at the end."


"My look is attainable. Women can look like Audrey Hepburn by flipping out their hair, buying the large sunglasses, and the little sleeveless dresses."


"It's that wonderful old-fashioned idea that others come first and you come second. This was the whole ethic by which I was brought up. Others matter more than you do, so 'don't fuss, dear; get on with it."


"Living is like tearing through a museum. Not until later do you really start absorbing what you saw, thinking about it, looking it up in a book, and remembering -- because you can't take it all in at once."


"Whatever happens, the most important thing is growing old gracefully."

With my birthday 27th birthday coming up I really appreciate that last quote and it is something I hope to strive for and achieve. Yes, I realize 27 is not that old but 27 is a year where you start to apprciate how fast the years start passing and how life can pass you by quickly if you let it. So let's all ceize the day!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I was just saying today at work how 27 seems like a mielstone because it seems so much older/more mature than 26! I love this post; Audrey Hepburn is gorgeous! Remember that picture we loved of her in a shop window in Granada?

    ReplyDelete
  2. love her!!! i'll try to remember that about growing old gracefully. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...