Monday, December 10, 2012

San Francisco Thanksgiving (Part 2)

Here is our Thanksgiving continued.
We had an absolute fabulous dinner. 
It was beautiful day full of family & thankfulness.
My Aunt & I put lots of thought into the decor & it turned out better than planned. 


We wanted a really natural feel that was inviting and had lots of elements of nature incorporated. 
So we used pine cones, antlers, burlap acorns, berries & candles. 


The place settings were a really fun thing to make. 
I took felt and shaped pieces into a boat & sewed the together.  
Then I took a small piece of floral foam & hot glued it to the bottom of the boat
then stuck in a wooden dowel and filled it with candies. 
I took some natural brown paper & printed on the names, 
hole punched them and slide them on the dowel. 

Another fun easy idea was to take a large brown paper sack and formed it into a turkey shape.
(I used a Trader Joes bag and turned it inside out)
I filled the middle with popcorn hot glued it shut, 
then took two brown lunch sacks and stuck them on the sides to appear as legs.  
Then I wrapped little pieces of frayed white paper to the ends.
There you have it a cute super cheap center piece for the kids table, 
and let me tell you it was quite the hit with them all.
You should have seen their faces when I came out with a knife and told them I was going to carve their turkey.  They had no idea popcorn was waiting for them inside. 




Other details of the day. 

Holding hands with family to Give Thanks for all we have. 
Darrell's prayer was quite memorable.  :)

Dig in.


Love all these cute people!

A day not to be forgotten. 


We all headed out the the movie that night.

I took these little cuties to Wreck it Ralph, they LOVED it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...