Monday, July 2, 2012

All Grown Up

For the past few days I have not left the house or Luke's side
as we have all been in potty training boot camp. 

So many emotions & feelings have gone through my head as
I have taken on this huge step with my 25 month old.
A few include:

Frustration
Complete Bliss
Shock
Scream at the top of your lungs excitement
Disappointment
Failure
Uninterrupted Togetherness
Emotional
Proud & 
Unceasing Love

To say this has been an emotional tidal wave for me is an understatement.
I am pretty sure every emotion you can feel I have experienced in the last few days. 
I have never connected with my son so well, we have looked into each others eyes several times and I know we understand what each other are feeling.

I have sat back in amazement (& frustration) at my tiny little baby pulling up his underwear 
and just had tears well up in my eyes with pride.
As I have let all forms of distraction go and seriously focused on my sweet toddler every waking moment I haven't missed a thing. We have played with his toys down on his level like I have never done.  Not just watched or observed him playing but get on my hands and knees and crashed our cars together and roared with the dinosaurs in the cow farm house. 
Luke & have have truly bonded and I am forever grateful for the reminder to really play and interact with Luke not just observe him while I stand and watch.

I have also been more discouraged and confused than ever. 
Thinking to myself I am doing something wrong, how can I make him understand?
I have cleaned up more pee & done more laundry than anyone should have to do in 3 days. 
The moments where Brandon and I huddled around the toilet just coaching Luke to do it,
then grabbing him and all of us hugging, yes hugging and kissing right around the toilet 
may not sound like a precious moment, but I personally will cherish them forever. 

I am so grateful for my family & all the milestones we hit together!
Most of all I am so proud of my baby Luke. 
He really is now my Big Baby Boy. 

To celebrate we went on our first shopping outing today and it was super successful.

Many more to come.



4 comments:

  1. aw I love this:) You are such a great mom Chrisine, I want you to raise my kids when I have them:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post :) Proud of Luke! Your such a good mommy.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...