We had the most lovely Easter Sunday.
I really love Easter and NOT because of bunnies and eggs.
Actually all that stuff semi bugs me and think it is very sad that people have taken this holiday centered around our Savior and turned it into something completely commercial and superficial full of presents and candy no child needs.
In our family we try really really hard to only make that a super small part of the holiday season.
This Easter holiday was special and was spent worshipping our Savior and having family time.
It was so special to have my sister brother in law and her 2 kids with us.
I put my sister on the highest pedestal, she is the most dedicated and grounded mother who places NO emphasis on prancing her kids around in the cutest outfits and the latest toys.
But focuses on the things that matter most like education, music & family values.
I try harder to be more like her each day.
We had a beautiful Christ centered Service that morning,
& an absolutely breath taking delicious dinner, which Luke was really good for! (shocking)
He loves to say prayers and was so cute at dinner folding his arms and shouting AMEN after.
We did an Easter egg hunt with the kids and I hid special glow in the dark eggs for London when the boys went to bed. She felt very special.
We stayed up way too late chatting with my sister and husband and loved every minute of it.
We are so blessed to have such wonderful family.
I am not sure where or who I would be without their example.
I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." - CS Lewis



what a great example you are! and p.s. your hair looks lovely.
ReplyDeleteEverything turned out so good! Glad Holly and Steve got to come out :) Miss all of you!
ReplyDelete