Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Spinach Edamame Salad


I kinda am in love with many of the pre made Trader Joe's salads. 
One day I googled a specific one to see if I could find a copy cat recipe.
Sure enough I did, and dare I say it I think it is even better. 

This is the most amazing salad, plus bonus the veggie mixture minus the spinach keeps in
a reusable container in your fridge for the whole week. 

No more excuses that you don't have time to prepare a salad for lunch or dinner any more.
I am doubling this recipe this week, because I love it that much.


Thanks to this website for posting such a great find.  
Photos curtesy of bevcooks.com


Spinach and Edamame Salad:
What it takes for 4 salads:
* 1 (14.5 oz) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
* 1 (10 oz) bag of frozen edamame
* 1 cup dried cranberries
* 1/2 cup pepitas
* 2 large carrots, finely sliced
* 10 cups baby spinach, divided
* 2 lemons, juiced
* 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
* coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
Cook the edamame in boiling water according to package directions. Drain.
Once cooked, let cool about 5 minutes.
In a large bowl, toss the edamame with the chickpeas, dried cranberries, pepitas and carrots.
In a small bowl or jar, whisk or shake the lemon juice with the oil, along with a good pinch of salt and pepper. Voila, dressing.
Arrange 2-ish cups of spinach on a plate, and top with the edamame mixture. Dress the salad with the lemon dressing and….lunch!
*You can use whatever dressing you prefer. I just happen to be obsessed with straight up lemon.

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...