I love making food & snacks for Luke.
I love knowing exactly what goes into a product and sneaking in super foods without anyone knowing.
These bars a super easy no bake and delicious.
I took several recipes and combined them making it my own.
I love how they are not too sweet,
if you like them a bit sweeter you can adjust the agave ratio or try half agave and half honey.
Peanut Butter Granola Bars
(yields about 12 bars)
3 cups rolled oats
1 cup rice Krispie Treats
( I love the crunch they add)
2 tablespoons chia seeds *optional
2 tablespoons flax seeds *optional
(these are optional, I just love the texture & health components they give)
1/2 cup unsalted peanuts, chopped
3/4 cup natural peanut butter, melted
1/2 cup unsalted peanuts, chopped
3/4 cup natural peanut butter, melted
(the kind that the ingredient list only has Peanuts & maybe a bit of salt)
1/2 cup agave nectar (honey works too!)
1/2 cup agave nectar (honey works too!)
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
****
You can omit the chocolate chips and try other add ins like:
wheat germ
dried fruit (cherries, apples, crasins ect.)
other nuts
seeds
coconut
In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients.
Add melted peanut butter and agave mix until moistened.
This works as a perfect, simple granola bar,
but you can also throw in any add-ins at this time.
Fold them into the dough.
You may need to get in there with your hands and work the granola dough!
If dough is still too dry (this can depend on your ingredients) add more peanut butter or syrup (or honey) 1 tablespoon at a time until moistened.
Press into a 9x13 greased pan.
*Note press firmly down to make sure they hold together.
I like to spray my hands with some Pam and them press with my fingers,
it doesn't stick and works great.
I reserved a few chocolate and pressed them on the top
just to make them look more beautiful. :)
Chill in the refrigerator 1-2 hours.
Cut in bars or squares.
Wrap in Waxed paper and they store great.


I love the recipes on your blog! I know my kids will devour these!
ReplyDeleteSo I made these and they are super yummy! I added some oat bran and wheat germ and used mini dark chocolate chips which worked perfectly. One question: mine kinda fall apart. they kinda stay together but very well like a store bought one. Did yours stay together? Wondering if i baked them for a short time if they would stay together better?
ReplyDelete