Luke got some new wheels last week.
I have been wanting a Maclaren stroller for ever now
and just have the hardest time forking over $100+ on a dinky little umbrella stroller.
So I have been checking craigslist pretty faithfully and came across one for $20.
It was in perfect working condition and only a couple years old.
No rips or tears just fading on the seat.
Bonus it was right down the street from my house.
So of course I couldn't pass it up.
I knew I would be able to work a little magic on it to make it look brand new again.
What I didn't know is that it would turn out so wonderful.
This is what we started with.
There were two parts to the seat.
I used my picker to un pick all the outside seams.
I then took extra fabric I had from this project and used lots of pins
to pin it around the sides I just un-picked.
Tucking the ends of the new fabric in between the to existing pieces.
Once all my pins were in place I took a top stitch around the whole thing.
It doesn't get much easier that that.
This left me with the holes for the straps to pull through.
I cut a slit across the top fabric where the holes were and covered the edges with fray stop.
You can find this at any fabric store and it just helps fabric and ribbon edges from fraying.
Then I took my machine and placed it on the a zig zag stitch making sure the
setting was the closest possible width it could go.
I went up and down the slits making sure all the layers were stitched together tightly.
Any spots that weren't filled in I just went over them again.
It ends up looking the exact same way the Maclaren seat looked.
It looks like a giant button hole when your finished.
And that's it.
What is so great about this is no pattern is needed as you just uses the existing seat as your guide.
Super easy project and actually adds more padding to the seat plus you have your own unique style.
Someone actually came up to me this weekend and asked if it was a limited edition,
that she loved the pattern.
Haha I got a kick out of that.
So there is our new wheels for $20.00
$19.50 cause I found 2 quarters in the stroller. :)
That's a pretty amazing deal.






This turned out so good! Nice find and way creative!
ReplyDeleteThat is way better than limited edition. That is a Mrs. Thomas edition, which says something.
ReplyDeleteLOVE IT! I'm going to try to recover mine that was from my daughters so my son can use it! Thanks!!! :)
ReplyDelete