Saturday, November 5, 2011

Look WHOOO threw a party!

I threw my friend a baby shower this weekend.
As always I had so much fun planning all the little details to this party.
When I designed the invite all the colors and theme came together in my head,
and luckily I was able to create exactly what I had planned. (note* this does not always happen)

I am really over pink baby showers so I went with jewel tones, purple and teal.
I loved including touches of natural string, flowers and burlap to make it a more casual affair.

Let me show you how it came together. 

To make this sign I took some burlap cut out in a triangle shape, 
I took  a stencil and poured glue over it and sprinkled glitter over the top.
I hot glued it onto some twine and tied bows at the end.


It created this beautiful sparkly focal piece over the food table, I loved it. 


The place settings had coordinating colors. 


The little favor box included an owl magnet and truffle for each guest. 


I used books underneath burlap to create different levels for the centerpiece. 
I then tied together some flowers (purple bunch from costco)
with some wheat grass (left over from halloween) with ribbon and votives. 



Overall I think it made the guests feel welcome and important. 


I used the invite on an easel and some remaining flowers to make a centerpiece for the present table. 

For the Food
I made these darling red velvet cake pops with chocolate coating.
They were scrumptious and oh so cute. 
(oh and might I add super time consuming)
Tutorial found in Bakerella's cake pop cookbook.


If that wasn't enough sugar I also made some owl cupcakes.
Also scrumptious and yes I ate both. 



I made this amazing blackberry limeade with fresh blackberries and lime juice. 
I will have to post the recipe this week.  It is a great punch for parties. 


For the rest of the food I had several people bring salad's and appetizers
I just didn't think I would be able to pull off all the food as well.  
It turned out great and it was a fun night with friends. 

Here's a few more group shots from the night.

Here's the Mom to be (with her 3rd).
Hope you had a fabulous night Julie!

2 comments:

  1. So cute! I love the color scheme, with three girls, I can get sick of pink, too ;).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Turned out so cute! I want one of those cake pops... now :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...