We leave tomorrow for out of town so we are celebrating Father's Day a little early this year.
This year I really wanted Brandon to feel special and know that Luke and I love him.
I researched lot of things and came up with the perfect ideas to make his day one to remember.
Brandon and I share a passion for Interior Design.
Before moving here to California we owned a home and loved having continual
projects and renovations we could work on together.
Apartment living has been a bit of an adjustment for us as we are limited on the things
we can do to improve and stylize our home.
There was nothing wrong with our Master bedroom but we are both a little bored with our color scheme.
So I thought Father's Day would be a great time to surprise Brandon with a "NEW ROOM"
We had Gray & Purple in our bedroom & bathroom
BEFORE:
BEFORE:
But I thought yellow was the perfect accent to brighten things up for summer.
Gray & yellow are 2 of my favorite colors and I love them as a bedroom color palette.
(Here was Brandon's grand tie entrance)
I really didn't change anything drastic but all the little things made a big difference.
My friend has a darling etsy shop and she made this cute print for me
I matted it on some wrapping paper and reused my old frame.
I love the way it turned out.
I also updated the two bathrooms in our home and my little can of spray paint went a long way, and really cut down on costs.
I love the new feel in our house & I was able to make
these changes on a very small budget (under $100).
these changes on a very small budget (under $100).
Now am thinking I need an update in the living room!
:)
:)
If that wasn't enough to surprise Brandon I made him a very special card
The iDad card was a perfect choice for Brandon
as he loves his Apple iPad, iPhone, Mac Laptop and our desktop dearly.
I loved this "Free" idea so much I made 2 more for my Father & Father in Law.
Tutorial Here:
Since we are huge Disneyland fans when I came across this ticket packet
it has an 'old' Disneyland feel to it....and Brandon loved it....yes it is free too
Add in a homemade dinner and movie together
and you have a fabulous and very inexpensive day for us all.
Feel free to use any of these ideas to make your Husband/Father feel special loved.
and you have a fabulous and very inexpensive day for us all.
Feel free to use any of these ideas to make your Husband/Father feel special loved.
We love you Brandon.
Happy 'early' Father's Day to you!









Your lucky Brandon likes interior design! If I didn't know B I would think your "gift" had an ulterior motive! HAHA :) JK! I think it looks amazing! I love that color scheme...I actually wanted to do those for our wedding at first...they look so good together! I love the cool of the grey (one of my favorite colors actually) and the warm and bright of the yellow mixed together! Plus, it seems there are so many cute things out there in yellow these days! LOVE IT! Good work girl! xoxoxo
ReplyDelete