So it's official I am a ACE certified Fitness instructor.
But not a fitness instructor that goes to a gym and leaves my child with a sitter,
an instructor that get to take him right along with me.
The program is called Stroller Strides and it has been one of the greatest things I have done.
I have ALWAYS loved to work out and have had a gym membership since I was 14,
but when I had Luke I did not feel comfortable taking him to the gym (personal preference) and still don't so I had to find a way to fit my workouts in another way.
I ordered countless DVD's to do at home but found them boring and something hard for me to stick to.
When we moved to California I knew I needed to get involved in the community
if I was going to make it withoiut any family or friends.
So I ambitiously went a a quest to locate things I could do to meet people and get involved.
I quickly found out about stroller strides and went to my first class only after living here one week.
I loved it the first day and knew this was somehting for me.
I could meet other Moms going through the same thing as me
who were dealing with the same body concerns post pregnancy.
I have been faithfully going ever since, and am grateful for the dear friends and their darling children I have met along them way.
Some might think why can't you just get a group together in your neighborhood for free, and it has been tried and tested by many but people do not commit to things that are free
the same way you would if you were paying for it.
We all know as Mom's things come up daily and we could think of a million excuses to not workout but if you are paying to be there and people are counting on you, you will go.
This is why this program is successful because Mom's go
and you can count on seeing them each and every morning.
Now a new chapter is beginning for me as I have become an instructor for the program.
Training was a great experenece for me and I have learned so much about the body and muscle groups.
I have been team teaching for the last couple weeks and have loved every minute of it
and can't wait to teach a whole class.
This program is incredible and if there is not one in your area to join
(there are over 1,200 location accross the nation) you should open your own.
I can't think of a better combimnation for me....
working out, making a little extra money, and having fun with Luke along the way.
No germ infested gyms, just fresh outdoor air and good friends.
Not to mention what a great example you set as a Mom when you show your kids how much importance you put on exercise.
I keep saying to Brandon maybe we will have to move back to Utah since they don't have any locations there yet and I will buy out the whole state and hire teachers!
A gold mine if you ask me.
Who knows where life will take us but no matetr where I go you better believe I will find my local Stoller Strides group and be there teaching or participating in helping Moms get back in to shape.
Here's a video (a little outdated from 2007) that will let you know more about the program.
Here's a couple other posts with some pictures.
*I was not paid or encouraged to make this post by anyone other than myself, if you were wondering I just wanted to share this awesome experience will all of my friends.


I agree with you 100% about the daycare at the gym. I have only taken Brooke there once and I hated it. When I went to pick her up she was just standing against the wall so it made me wonder if she stood there the whole time and I felt awful! I'm glad you found something! I think you should totally come back to Utah and start your own group! :)
ReplyDelete