Thursday, November 18, 2010

Crafty or Crazy??

If you ask me today...I would definatly say CRAZY!


This story begins long ago.  When my mother handmade some amazing stockings for us kids.  I always treasured my stocking growing up and when I was made aware you could still buy the kits when Brandon and I were dating I was ecstatic with excitement that we could make some for our own family.  Brandon started to help me (a task that only a guy would do while dating a girl and trying to impress her) and gave up after his first mountain peak saying it was way beyond his skills.  So I finished them both and I remember them taking me months but I guess I forgot about the sweat and tears when I decided to make Luke one this year.  Here I am staying up late at night every night trying to get this thing going.  

Want to see what 5 hours has got me this week....
Yes I know what your thinking how could that possibly have taken 5 hours.  Well when every bead and sequin and stitch for that matter is hand done 5 hours goes pretty quickly.  
I am guessing (hoping) this project will not take me more than 50 hours.

We'll see if I can get it finished in time for Christmas, and if I can make it look like this.
I thought Santa on the beach would be appropriate for Luke's first Christmas in Sunny California.  

I'll keep you updated on my progress or lack there of, wish me luck.  


4 comments:

  1. soooo cute! it'll be so worth it in the end and you'll have them forever. love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait, you can MAKE these??? I want to learn! It looks WAY too advanced for me, but we didn't have our own stockings last year and it made me sad...especially since we have a fireplace! Where did you get these kits??? Do you think if I have never really sewn before I could do it? I'm not like "special" or anything, you know me, I am pretty good at picking anything up! I picked up cooking pretty easily if you remember :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck! I'm also making some homemade stockings for the girls and David, a la style that my grandma made mine (and all my cousins')... it's also taking a lot longer than I anticipated!! Though not quite as detailed as yours :) I should have gotten one of those kits!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol, I'd say crazy because let's face it I've never been as time committed to these things... clearly why you are so much better at crafting! But I just made Emerson's for him by purchasing a stocking, cutting out an E with striped fabric, and sewing it on.

    ps, we love our Phil and Teds! I have to say it doesn't handle as well as the BOB, but the seat is better and E likes it much better to ride in.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...