Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Car Accident & Blue Bird Baby Shower

Thank you for all those encouraging remarks about my last post.  Still not sleeping better but am discovering that I can get a lot accomplished in the middle of the night! 

I thought I would document some fun pictures of my accident even though I am sure I won't forget it.  
Here is how Friday April 23, 2010 went down for me. 

3:00 a.m. 
Putting together supplies I needed to make some corsages for someone's Prom
3:30 a.m.
Pacing around the house looking for things to clean up
5:45 a.m.
Heard Brandon's daily alarm go off and went in our bedroom excited to have someone to talk to
6:30 a.m. 
Leave to take Brandon to work downtown since I needed to pick up my wholesale flowers
8:00 a.m. 
Driving home minding my own business (although I decided to take a different route than usual)
8:15 a.m. 
Driving straight down a two lane road (Creek Road) when someone turned right into me.  No it was not a intersection and no there was no stop sign or anything.  Needless to say it was a shock to look over a see a car driving straight for my door.
8:16 a.m. 
Awkwardly crawled out of the passenger side door getting the air bag out of my face at 9 months pregnant.
8:17 a.m. 
Had 50 people run over to me frantic once people realized I was pregnant
8:20 a.m. 
I am in an ambulance with a neck brace on and things hooked up to me.  (Was a little bit of a blur)
8:30 a.m.
I was advised to leave to scene by the officer and go straight to the hospital (Did I mention the lady who hit me never even got out of her car, never even came over to see if I was okay she just sat in her car and I never even saw her face...RUDE)
9:00 a.m. 
Got checked into Labor and Delivery and hooked up to several monitors and had people putting IV's and needles in me.
9:30 a.m.
Adrenaline wearing off and I am now starting to feel a lot of pain
9:45 a.m. 
ER came to me with a portable machine to do some x-rays on my arm (they said it was okay even if I was prego) since it looked pretty bad
10:00 a.m. 
Pain medication helped!
10:05 a.m. -10:05 p.m.
Had a lot of nurses and doctors check me and baby out throughout the day.  All seemed okay although my uterus was very irritable and I was having a hard time retaining fluids.  I had some pretty amazing bruises to show as well.
10:10 p.m. 
Notified me my blood count was down and they were worried about my placenta detaching....Me staring to stress and worry something was wrong with baby.
10:15 p.m.
Since that news was not exactly great they gave me an ambien to help me sleep
4:00 a.m.
Woke up having to go to the bathroom
9:00 a.m.
Had 100 blood tests done.  They kept saying my blood was low but I swear it was because they took like 50 viles of it.
9:30 a.m.
I was starting to worry they would not let me go and I had my baby shower that day at 1:00 p.m.
10:00 a.m.
They said I would have to stay another night because things seemed worrisome
10:05 a.m. 
Stressed out to the max I cried a lot to my nurse about how sad I was to miss my baby shower 
(must have sounded silly but she was sooo nice)
11:00 a.m. 
Baby was doing better although I felt stiffer and more pain than the day before
12:20 p.m. 
Doctor came in to give me test results and talked forever
12:40 p.m.
After lots of talking I was told they would let me go.  

(I just want to point out that I was pretty excited about possibly making it to my baby shower until I went in to the bathroom to take off that awful hospital gown and I remembered I hadn't showered for 3 days and I was putting back on my pajamas to leave the hospital. )
12:55 p.m. 
Made it to my Mom's walked in with a few guests and went downstairs to see what I could do to look semi decent in 10 minutes. 
1:05 p.m.
Came upstairs excited to see friends and family and not feeling too bad since I was still medicated
3:00 p.m.
Exhaustion & Pain came back and I was spent for the day
3:01 p.m. to present
Still feeling about the same...Blah....But I know it could have been so much worse.


Here's a few pictures of my battle wounds.  I will spare you the worst ones.


Car is totaled...but we are getting a new one today I think!

It turned out so cute!  My Mom spent so much time on all the little details

Thanks to everyone who came (even though we missed those who left early)
My Mom is simply the greatest women on this planet!
Here am I at 36 Weeks!



That's a mouthful and a memory to say the least....right??



5 comments:

  1. I had no idea. I'm so sorry. I hope you are feeling better. That would be one of the worst situations ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I didn't realize how bad the wreck was. That was awful! I'm so sorry!
    And holy cow, you got cute fast- I can't believe it only took you 10 min to get ready for your shower, you looked gorgeous!
    Enjoy the last little bit, you are almost there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your bruises are actually a really beautiful color, but seeing the belly bruise terrified me. Oh, you are so blessed.

    Also, I do not think that I have ever started my day at 3:00 a.m...especially for house cleaning. You go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How scary! It is amazing that you and baby are fine. And I must say, I looked at the pictures before reading that you only had 10 minutes to get ready, and I was thinking that you looked beautiful! You really are one of those cute, pregnant ladies!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh! In your pictures you don't look like you hadn't slept in 2 days and had spent most of that time recovering from a car accident in a hospital!

    Glad to hear the baby is OK!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...