Monday, June 8, 2009

BIG SAVINGS!!!

Brandon and I have been having fun discovering ways to save money each week. We first discovered the Sunflower market which continues to save us BIG time each week on great produce. If you live in SLC and haven't been, go! As you may know we have started a huge project in our master by changing various things in both the our Master bedroom and bathroom. This is where we have really discovered KSL. We have used it before but usually just casually browsing for things until now. We have literally been stalking it hourly to find what we are looking for. I began to realize really quick that the good things really go fast and sometimes it's a matter of minutes before it is sold. So we have found countless deals on slate, granite, sink ect through KSL. As well as selling a few of the things we have replaced. Overall we have saved soooooooo much money on this amazing project it has really got us excited abut saving in all aspects of our lives.

Here is where the amazing part comes in. Thanks to my sister who has been coaching me on how to use coupons I have really (literally) been able to cut our grocery bill in HALF each week. Yes I mean half and sometimes even more than that by shopping smart and using my coupons. Yes it is a little more work but so worth it in the end. I wanted to share with you all a little secret...get the Sunday paper!!! The coupons in there are amazing and well worth buying it. The best part about it all is the weekly Albertson's add with the double coupon savings. This means that you can take any manufacturer's coupon and double it just for going to Albertson's, $1=$2 off, even on sale items. So tonight I went to use my coupons and walked out of Albertson's with 4 boxes of cereal for (.50 cents each) and some dog treats for less than $3!! I'll say that again, I bought 4 boxes of cereal and dog treats for $3.00, and they were the good kinds like Life, Special K, Frosted Mini Wheat's. Pretty incredible huh? It's stuff like this that makes me wonder why I have been paying full price for stuff for so long. You live and learn I guess. :)

4 comments:

  1. I just got back from Albertsons. I will definitely be returning. Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the Grocery Smarts thing is awesome! I loved that enrichment they did.

    Ps, can't wait to see your house upgrades! This place is going to be like the Chateau of Waverly Station ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow i'm impressed! i'm all about saving money and finding good deals! the coupon thing is one i haven't tried! guess i should :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you checked out gurusdeals.com or shoppingsmart.com? It shows which coupons to use at what stores to get great deals.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...