Tuesday, May 19, 2009

What's for Dinner???

Now that it is getting warmer I am inspired to get out the Summer recipe's, and that means lighter and faster meals. I have really been trying to figure out yummy ways to add more fruit and vegetables into our diet. Tonight's dinner was spectacular and very good for you too (best combo) so I thought I'd share.



My salad was inspired by Brandon's favorite a Cobb Salad. I wanted to make it lower in calories so I took away his coveted bacon and substituted it with turkey bacon (really yummy) and husband approved. I added spinach & cucumbers to the green leaf lettuce to get more veggies in then topped it off with feta cheese (lower fat substitute) and made a homemade vinaigrette, Brandon loved it so much he ate the rest of mine. Then I added my favorite grilled sweet potato fries as a side dish. These seriously are my ultimate favorite. Just marinade them in a Ziploc with some olive oil and lemon pepper & tada the best and healthiest potato side dish on the planet. We topped it off with our yummy & a low calorie drink, Crystal Light blended in the blender with ice then topped with a fresh peach. Perfect for any summer day.

What are you having for dinner??

2 comments:

  1. We had sandwiches and pudding...hmmm...something needs to change.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Christine! That looks delish!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...