Friday, September 14, 2012

Vintage Pram Buggy

 This morning at 6:00 am I set off on a run in my neighborhood,
Little did I know that I would turn the corner to find the most absolute beautiful 
Vintage 1950's style Perego Pram Buggy.

Just as a neighbor was setting up her garage sale I happened to be running by.
Lucky, Coincidence...I say fate. 

It's no secret I love vintage things.
Vintage china, books, and furniture pieces with character. 
While I have always always loved the vintage Pram style strollers they are usually out of my price range for something that is more a decorative piece for my use. 

Well today I stumbled upon this beauty for an AMZING price, 
it is in full working condition and all Italian made pieces.
Complete with bouncy shocks, fenders and everything lovely they USED to put on these strollers. 
I can't wait to start restoring it, making new fabric inserts and for Brandon repainting the body.
I am seeing it as a beautiful decorative piece in a "FUTURE" nursery to be used as a moses basket of sorts, and on an extra special day to take it around on a little stroll around the neighborhood.

I'd say our weekend is off to a great start.
AND NO I am NOT pregnant currently but yes, one day I hope to be.

Here's a little article about the evolution of the stroller, I thought was interesting. 
http://blogs.babble.com/strollerderby/2011/09/22/the-evolution-of-the-stroller-a-photographic-history/

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I am SOOO jealous right now! It sure pays to get up early to go running :) If only I could have your luck!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...