Jasmine came into our home June of 2009. We drove to Idaho in order to pick her up from the same Breeder we had received Stewie from. The Breeder was part of a dog show being held at a local fairground and as we stepped into her motorhome we were overwhelmed with all the sweet barks coming from so many beautiful Yorkies. The first instruction I remember receiving was that Jasmine (Maggie was her original name) loved to be held heart to heart with her chest next to yours. The second tip was that Jasmine loves pillows; from then on it was clear Jasmine would be our little princess in the house. The ride home was so exciting as Christine and I talked about how we would introduce Jasmine and Stewie again. Since Jasmine was Stewie's mother, it seemed more like a welcome home party. Jasmine and Stewie instantly became close companions.
Jasmine has been the sweet and calm influence in our home since that day.
Our sweet baby Princess left this world today and moved on to a happier and healthier state.
It has been something we knew we may be faced with but nothing absolutely nothing can prepare you to mentally & emotionally to put your sweet puppy down.
I can say with certainty that we have never had to face something so hard as a family, ever.
About a year ago we started to see a growth on our sweet Jasmine's belly
and it has progressively gotten worse.
This last month however the tumor rapidly grew to a size
that literally left her immobile and very very sick.
Last night she was so sick that it was apparent to us that we had tried all the fixes we knew how and that this was not going to miraculously fade away like we had hoped.
There was a moment at 3 in the morning I was cleaning my sweet puppy off
where she looked at me as if trying to say "Please help me, make this go away"
It was at that moment I knew what I had to do, but literally could not fathom actually doing it.
She passed peacefully and we were all together as a family literally holding her paw.
She will be remembered always in our home and her kind sweet nature will be greatly missed.
We tried to make Jasmine's last day with us the best ever.
We spent time together & Luke held and kissed her a thousand times.
She was even treated to a rotisserie chicken leg and a bowl of milk.
Thank you for loving us Jasmine and trusting us with your care.
Till we meet again....Princess.


just crying in my bed as I read this.. :( Honestly Jasmine truly did have a sweetness and love to so many around her. I always couldn't get over how nice and kind she was. She will truly be missed but I know you guys made the right decision and we will see her in heaven someday. Love you guys!!!
ReplyDeleteSo hard! I'm sorry for your loss. I know how much dogs become part of a family. :(
ReplyDeleteAwww, what a cute dog. Sorry you guys, it must be hard not having her extra cuteness in your family :).
ReplyDelete