While in Hawaii we were able to try some of my Aunt's incredible cooking.
She sells her stuff to the local Farmer's Market in Hawaii
& people come from all over to buy her breads, cookies ect.
So of course I had to raid her recipe box while there and have been so excited to try some of them.
New Years Eve she made these amazing
snickerdoodle cookies and I have been dreaming of them since.
Made them for our Sunday treat yesterday and have to share the recipie.
Snickerdoodles
1/2 c. butter flavored Crisco
3 c. sifted flour (1/2 c. white whole wheat substitution optional)
1/2 c. butter
2 t. vanilla
1 1/2 c. sugar
1/4 t. cinnamon
2 eggs
2 t. cream of tartar
1 t. baking soda
1/2 t. salt
Mix shortening, butter, sugar, eggs & vanilla in mixer until creamed.
Sift remaining ingredients into bowl.
Combine 2 T. sugar, 2 t. cinnamon, 1/8 t. *cardamom in a sperate bowl.
*(cardamom is the secret ingredient to these cookies amazingness you will not want to omit it, trust me)
Roll into balls and then into the sugar mixture.
Place on parchament paper or preferably a slipat
Roll into balls and Bake 400 for 8-10 minutes.
Makes 30-40 cookies depending on size.
They freeze great too.


So last night as I was trying to sleep I seriously was thinking about making snickerdoodles but didn't have a recipe! Lo and behold you have one posted on your blog! Will be trying this today! thanks for sharing!
ReplyDelete