Yesterday Luke kept wanting me to tie blankets around his neck like a cape.
Not sure where he saw this but he thought it was so cool.
He kept bringing the kitchen towels or blankets from his room and
handing them to me while signaling to wrap them around his neck.
So then I thought to myself I should make him a cape.
Well I went to my fabric stash and found some red and blue cotton fabric.
I measured his length and cut two straps at the top where I would attach some velcro.
Then I searched on google for superman logo templates, and this is what I found.
I dropped the vector in iphoto then dropped it into pages/word making it 6 inches wide.
I printed it and cut out the yellow pieces.
I took some red felt and traced and cut the pattern.
I then pinned it onto a solid yellow piece and tightly stitched black thread around all the borders.
Then I did the same thing onto the middle of the blue fabric.
Once the applique was done I sewed right sides together and ironed on some velcro.
We went from blanket to official cape in under an hour.
darling with black and yellow fabric.
You could even do it in pink and purple for a girl super hero.
I am envisioning a super hero birthday party in the future
where I make these for all the little ones to wear.
But for now I think we have a new halloween costume.
Luke is in love.




This is so cute and creative! I can just picture Lukey running around in his cape haha. Love it.
ReplyDeleteCute, I just saw this now. The cape turned out great!
ReplyDeleteHe makes a darling superman with that curly dark hair. I tried to buy River Superman jammies, because I lived in mine as a little girl, but they were so pricey and didn't come with capes anymore. I like your idea much better. Now I just need a sewing machine, fabric and to learn how to sew. Yep, that should do it.
ReplyDelete