Tuesday, July 5, 2011

pArTy CrAfTs

It's always a party at our house because well, 
I can always find a reason to.
The 4th of July is one of my favorite holidays to go overboard on.
I love the colors, the desserts, food & decorations. 

I try to always have some big dessert to make each year.
As much as I loved the pies  I made a couple years back I really wanted to try this new cake idea. 
I love how unassuming this cake is, just an ordinary cake until.....
you slice it.  
This cake was seriously yummy, I'm talking this might be my new go to cake recipe
for anything I am making because it put boxed cakes to shame. 
I know it doesn't look it but this was EASY as well. You could adapt it to any holiday or function

We had a parade Monday morning and I had so much fun planning the decorations for the kids wagon. 
It turned into more of a float and it was simply fabulous. 
I used scrapbook paper and scalloped the edges to hang like a skirt.
Wrapped the body in ruffled streamers. 
Used streamer paper to make to rose star. 
Added some pinwheels and flags to it and it was all ready to go. 
Tutorials:

I really wanted to make some special treats for my friends after our workout class.
So I made some sugar cookie loli pops. 
Using my sugar cookie recipe, some royal blue fondant & royal icing.
They turned out great.
I thought I needed a healthy option too and brought some watermelon
cut out with a star cookie cutter and some blue berries.

It sure was a weekend full of cooking and crafting but I had soooo much fun doing it. 

2 comments:

  1. Martha and all of her staff COULD NOT have done what you did. What a gift. What a gift you share with others. That cake is DELIGHTFUL! After two parades, there was not a wagon that equaled yours. Great job.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...