Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Strawberry Picking

We are so fortunate to live about 5 minutes away from Tanaka Farms
This family run organic farm is just about the cutest place I've been too.
In October we went to their pumpkin patch and now they are growing their strawberries.
So after our morning workout us girls all headed over to take a tour with the kiddos. 
It is about 75 degrees today and clear skies and was a fun memorable trip.
Luke loved the wagon, he pretty much thought he was so cool looking out at the farm. 
We got to try lots of things along the way like lettuce, cilantro, snap peas, and of course strawberries.
I think Luke particularly loved the carrots. 
Luke and I have been reading a tractor book every night so I was excited to show him the real thing.
Then we got to get out and pick our very own delicious Strawberries.  
I took forever to get mine into the container because I just kept eating them along the way.

We had a lot of fun, but towards the end Luke was sure ready for a nap.
Here's a few of the girls...wish I would have taken one with everyone!
(Disclaimer we all just had a workout on a very warm day so don't judge us by our appearance)
*****
Can't wait to go back for the Watermelon tour and pick our very own Watermelon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...