We had such a wonderful time in Lake Tahoe over the weekend. I can honestly say it is one of the most beautiful places I have seen in the United States. The beach the mountains the pines and the sand. Where else can you find all of that nestled into one quaint town? We were there for Brandon's sister's wedding. Somehow I was asked to do all the flowers for the wedding, I guess there is a first for everything. I thought to myself, I am sure I can figure this out...then I actually had to do it. I had never made boutonnieres or archways or anything like that before. So as usual I jumped in with both feet. I had this great idea to reuse the ceremony flowers for the centerpieces at the reception to save on cost and I ended up using a lot of what nature offered. Which meant Brandon and I scavenging around for sticks, pine cones, and berries last minute. I could not have achieved it without Brandon he helped me every step of the way and stayed up late at night putting together flower balls and boutonnieres with me. With only one night to pull everything together it was an adventure to say the least. In my opinion we pulled it off aside from many things that went wrong. I will spare you the details but figuring out the chair covers didn't fit at 9:00 pm before the wedding day was not fun. But we improvised and just wrapped the tops of the chairs. No one would have known the difference. It was a memory we surely wont forget.
*NOTE* I am no professional photographer but in the spare time I did try to capture some decent shots. Hopefully more to come once we get the pictures back from the actual photographer.






Oh you did a beautiful job! I'm impressed! I could never pull something like that off!!! Nice job!
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely beautiful, love the flower balls! Lake Tahoe looks gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteHow did you do that? Really amazing. I love the boutonnieres.
ReplyDeleteWow! Such a gorgeous wedding!!
ReplyDeleteWait a minute...you made those flower things??! You amaze me!!!!
ReplyDelete